Isoflurane Shortage Update
Posted: 25th January 2019
Vets experiencing shortages can now apply online for an import certificate for the following products under the Special Imports Scheme:
- IsoFlo Vet 100% (Zoetis) from Germany
- IsoFlo vapour liquid inhalant (Ecuphar) from Spain
- Isoflurin 1,000mg/g inhalation vapor, liquid (VetPharma Animal Health) from Spain
- Aerrane liquid for inhalation (Baxter) from Italy
- Isoflurane USP (Piramal Enterprises) from the US
- Isotroy (isoflurane IP) 250ml (Troikaa Pharmaceuticals) from India
- Isoflurane USP liquid for inhalation (Piramal Enterprises) from India
The VMD reminds vets every effort should be made to first obtain a UK authorised product, prior to using a product under the prescribing cascade.
Read the Vet Times article here.